Thrifty Thursday: A Vintage Bag to hold on to...

At this point, it is no secret that I have a serious love for vintage. Especially a bag. Give me a throwback bag and I am in heaven. The quality, the style, the patina, all of it. But I'll admit that I am a burgeoning vintage student and there is much for me to learn.

One lesson I was happily taught happened while I was restocking the shop. While walking around my favorite vintage haunt, I spotted a black suede top handle bag in the vintage room. I opened it, expecting there to be tons of wear or at least a pen mark or two. I was met by pristine and supple leather and a brand label that I was not familiar with, Koret.

Koret, a luxury bag company that has been around since 1929, made a major and edgy comeback in 2013. During their hay day, Koret was on par with Gucci and Hermés quality. And, by the look of this latest find, they definitely are! This is definitely a great vintage lesson I enjoyed learning.

Comments