Thursday, October 13, 2016

Thrifty Thursday: A Vintage Bag to hold on to...

At this point, it is no secret that I have a serious love for vintage. Especially a bag. Give me a throwback bag and I am in heaven. The quality, the style, the patina, all of it. But I'll admit that I am a burgeoning vintage student and there is much for me to learn.

One lesson I was happily taught happened while I was restocking the shop. While walking around my favorite vintage haunt, I spotted a black suede top handle bag in the vintage room. I opened it, expecting there to be tons of wear or at least a pen mark or two. I was met by pristine and supple leather and a brand label that I was not familiar with, Koret.

Koret, a luxury bag company that has been around since 1929, made a major and edgy comeback in 2013. During their hay day, Koret was on par with Gucci and Herm├ęs quality. And, by the look of this latest find, they definitely are! This is definitely a great vintage lesson I enjoyed learning.