I'm no longer a UNIQLO Virgin...

I have been hearing rave reviews about this UNIQLO places for years now. However, being a curvier woman, I don't usually let myself get too excited about fast fashion places as they usually do not carry the size (looking at you H&M) or enough of my size (Forever 21, you need more plus sizes). 

There had been plenty of hype surrounding the opening of UNIQLO Philly, with those double red squares on posters on every double decker tour bus and street light banner in Center City and even an opening party featuring Questlove from the Roots. 

Me being me, I had to see the place for myself. I waited until most of the initial craziness was over, choosing a random midweek day following work to case the place with all of this hype.

It's bright. Lights seem to come from everywhere. Scrolling headlines and uptempo music almost distract from the beautifully maintained clothing that is (for now at least) it is impeccably organized.
My personal favorite part of the elite experience was the celebration sale that was happening. It seemed as though literally everything was marked down as Philly welcomed the brand to the city. 
I haven't seen a store this nice in Philadelphia since the first time I walked into the Anthropologie in Rittenhouse Square, except where Anthro gives a "world traveler but living in the country side" type feel, UNIQLO's vibe is clean and sleek urbane. 
So what did I nab for "market research" purposes (of course)?
These super comfy trendy sweats. They fit like a dream. I'm already plotting further purchases of more pants in different colors (seriously). 

Welcome to UNIQLO! Thanks for already making Philly better, if only by making us better dressed.

Comments