November No Buy-Day 19- Gaining Experiences instead of things

Welcome to Day 19 of the No Buy. Since I've last posted about it, the No Buy has become much easier. I believe it is due to the sheer busyness that has hit my life this month.

The month started with a beautiful white tie event, the 100th Anniversary of the Rho Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc.
Oh, doesn't he just look so dapper?

The following weekend, I and a few others hosted an epic game night with my ministry and friends. 
That same weekend, I was surprised with tickets from my close guy friends for the Lecrae/Andy Mineo concert (Which was just epic).

Following that, work picked up with busy week leading into quiet second weekend leading into another busy week.
This past weekend was my gal pal, Aliya's birthday/graduation party, and well you can see how awesome that was. (By the way, my girls are so gorge.)

This same weekend, following church, was another friends birthday party and ministry fellowship. 
I had a great time talking with some amazing young women about life as young, single, African American women. Very insightful indeed.

And then immediately after that, this happened:
Yep, Earl surprised me with Box Seats to Stevie Wonder. 

It had to have been one of the most epic shows I've been to. I've never been to a concert where I could (and did) sing most of the songs.  

And the month is not over. This weekend, I'm looking forward to a housewarming/90's party, some good girl time, and church. The week after that will be Thanksgiving...meaning ill probably just be busy until after New Years.

But you know what? I'm grateful. I'm grateful that I'm so loved by a great family and wonderful friends. I'm grateful to be having the experiences I'm
Having, which are way better than things. 

I guess at the end of the day, that's what the November No Buy is all about, getting back to gratitude, appreciate what  (and especially who) you have, and loving life. Guess I finally made it there, 19 days later. 

Better late than never.

Comments