This Melting Lip Balm will make you happy and then sad


Of all the beauty products in the world, the ones that get my love are products for lips. Specifically balms. Give me a good lip balm and I’m a happy camper. At any given point in the day, I can have up to 3 or 4 different lip balms in my bag, and be completely okay with it. 

That’s why I wonder why anyone would want to destroy a perfectly good container of lip balm. 

But that is just what the owner of the Instagram profile @watch.it.melt did. As the name suggests, @watch.it.melt is a profile full of things being melted or taken to heat, including lip balms apparently. File this under “But Why?”. Someone thought it would be an awesome idea to take a heated knife to a perfectly good EOS lip balm pod.

I have to be honest, at first, I was mesmerized. I watched the heated knife glide though the EOS packaging much like you would imagine a knife sliding through some sort of colorful confection. 

But after the odd fascination faded, I remembered that I had just watched a useful beauty product get wrecked for sheer entertainment’s sake and decided that I’ll leave the beauty product destruction to this Insta profile and I’ll stick to the product testing.

Whether you think its crazy or cool, see the full video on Allure

Comments