#WorldBookDay


Books are not a foreign topic here on The Reclaimed. In fact, many of you have told me how much you have enjoyed the previous book lists we have shared together, whether it was the 17 Essential Black History Books for Black Men, my personal reading list for March, or, just for the fun of it, the books we read in High School that we should definitely reread as adults, we have covered wide swatch of genres, from fashion and style to civil rights to poetry to love stories.

Needless to say, I love books. I love to read. I love flipping through the classics like W.E.B. Dubois and C.S. Lewis as well as newer authors like Claudia Mair Burney and Cara Awill Leyba.

But I realize that in all of that, I never shared my personal selections of books that I have read and reread and have changed me for the better each time I flip though their pages. Other than the Bible, there are only a small handful of these. In honor of today being World Book Day and Throwback Thursday, here are the books that changed my life:


Oh, The Places You'll Go by Dr Seuss


The Barbarian Way by Erwin McManus


Love Style Life by Garance Doré


One Day My Soul Just Opened Up by Iyanla Vanzant


Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby and Claude King

These were some of my most treasured books. What are your favorite books? Let me know in the comments below!

GIVEAWAY ALERT: There is an awesome collaborative giveaway for all of you book worms out there. Head to my Instagram to get the details.

Comments