Philly Aids Thrift (I know it's about time right)

It's about time I wrote a proper review of my FAVORITE thrift store in the city of Philadelphia.

I've loved this store for years. If you don't mind the occasional dig, you WILL find treasure here. Thus far, I have purchased 2 authentic fendi bags, 1 Prada bag, a chanel sunglasses case, a very pretty J. Crew necklace still in the box with tags, a citizens watch, 1 pair of coach sunglasses and a case, a set of lenox wine glasses (still in the box with tags!) a coach jacket, a ray bans case, a pair of SEVEN jeans, and a plethora of other great items, the most expensive of these only costing $31.


As Ive said before, all of the items sold here are donated, most of them are gently used and a few are brand new (and I'm all about recycling!) the staff is comprised of neighborhood volunteers and a few paid members to supervise. MOST IMPORTANTLY, all of the proceeds go towards AIDS research. Shopping for a cause is SO my thing!


Pros: 
-Free Bins out front of the store 
-a huge selection of items, from housewares to clothes to jewelry to vintage video game systems; the store is (mostly) organized
-an entire section of dollar items

Cons: 
-sometimes the music played here is a little weird, but you won't notice it while you find amazing things
-you do have to be occasionally ready to dig, but that's part of the fun

Comments