How She Wore It: The Moto Jacket to the Sports Center

What could be more iconically cool or classically edgy than the leather motorcycle jacket. It has been the staple of rebels, rockstars, and renegades for decades. Want to instantly toughen up a flouncy dress? Nothing better than a black moto to do the trick (think the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Movie).

Want to complete a funky outfit? A quilted moto, as worn by Mindy Kaling below, does it up. Honestly, I'm discovering fewer and fewer places where a moto isn't appropriate. 

(Photo Courtesy of FabSugar)

And I finally got my hands on one. Mid summer (when NO one is looking for leather ANYTHING!) I was walking by a super cool vintage store and saw a section of leather jackets through the window. Went in, the price was right, and got my hands on this one:
It's a Vintage (circa 1970's) barely worn BLL Black Leather Jacket. Gorg, right?! It's super tough though so, I have to balance out how I wear this one.

The basics:
Seven For All Mankind Jeggings 
Zara Select Black Tee

Accoutrement:
Michael Kors Watch
Elle Pyramid Ring
Marc Jacobs cuff and ring

Oh...and of course my extra large envelope clutch by Rachel Zoe, my styling hero!

Not Pictured:
Purple Lululemon "Cool" Tank
Express multi layered necklace
Urban Outfitters purple geo studs

The completed look...
I even met a guy...but I think I came on too strong...oh well.

Comments