Last Day: November No Buy



Well this is it, the final day of the No Buy. 

And I'm not sweating, or bummed out. I don't feel like I've missed anything. If anything I feel like I've gained waaaaaaay more than I "lost" over this month. 

At the beginning of the month, I honestly thought I would struggle because of the Black Friday weekend, but as it grew closer, and is now passing, it feels more like my eyes were opened to my own covetousness and selfishness, and that all of the shopping I was doing in the months prior to the no buy could have been just covering up a deeper issue or pain. 

As a result of this no buy:
I'm now in the process of a HUGE purge. Hopefully I'll be done before the new year for a fresh start.
I can recognize and process a need and distinguish it from a want.
I don't shop when I'm bored, I find something else to do.
I was able to use the cash to help others instead of indulge myself.
I stuffed some extra cash into my savings.
I'm happier with myself, and more grateful for what I do have.

Think I may do this again next November. Hopefully I won't be alone.

God bless

Comments