Influenster and the Jolly VoxBox

This humble blog will soon turn Six Months old. For six months I've shared my thoughts on everything from fashion and trends to God and contentment within one's self.

After the first month of blogging, a few good friends (hey Dominique and Will!) talked to me about potentially making this blogging experience a into a small business by finding sponsors. After all by then I was forming the great and supportive community of you super awesome people. So I said why not?

After some research and discovered one of the best blogger opinion programs at Influenster. 

Now they aren't going to just send you stuff just because you sign up. I've been a member for a few months and I had to do some work. I put one of their badges on this site, answered some questions, reviewed items that I had already used to bolster my score up high enough to even be considered. 

Then in December of last year, I receive a notice of a survey being conducted. After taking the survey, it was determined that I, one of 15000 bloggers, sip rioters and other opinionated people, qualified for the Influenster VoxBox program, a program where Influenster in collaboration with other major companies send out complementary products for testing, tasting, but mostly to create lots of talking.

And after a week or so, I received it, the VoxBox. 

Inside I found a card and five different products to try. Some of these items may be familiar to you because few of these you have seen in the Beauty Bag segment. A few you've seen on the Twitter or the Instagram.

Here are the results of my painstaking tests and trials (the things I do because I love y'all!).

Rimmel Lip Lacquer:
This stuff is almost as good as the stuff I get from the department stores. It glides on smooth and gives just the right amount of shine without being gooey or sticky. B+

NYC HD Color Trio:
What a simple and easy palette to use (it had to have been with an eye make up novice such as I) and it's so small I can just toss it in my day bag and go. Reclaimed Grade: B

Duck Tape Mini Ducklings in Pink Zebra Print:
I looooooooove duck tape. This stuff is a great temporary fix to anything! And with all of the cool patterns and colors (like this zebra print) as well as the small size ( I mean c'mon how cute is this roll of tape?!) I've found more reasons to love this brand. Reclaimed Grade: A

Puffs Soft and Strong On the Go Pack:
I love any tissues that are soft enough to keep my nose happy but strong enough to catch whatever I sneeze out at 1000 mph. These also have lotion in them, keeping my nose soft and comfy as well. A staple for the day bag. Reclaimed Grade: A

Skinny Cow Divine Peanut Butter Filled Chocolates:
This is the only product I didn't like. I've heard so many good things about Skinny Cow. I've even tried their ice cream bars before, and those were delicious. But these weren't my cup of tea. I rarely like peanut butter coupled with my chocolate. Reclaimed Grade: C-

Thanks Influenster for the opportunity!

(All of these items were received complementary as a part of the Influester Jolly VoxBox Program.)

If your company is interested in advertising on the The Reclaimed, check out how in the "Advertise" section.

Comments