So...J.Crew Isn't Actually Lowering Its Prices???

News flooded the blogosphere today with the most delicious gossip I heard all week.

No it's not about Miley or Justin (who I'm starting to think are the same person. I mean c'mon, who has seen them both in the same room together. It's like Hannah Montana all over again.)

No, this is something you will actually care about.

J. Crew, a brand known for quintessential American cool blissfully blended with elements of urban lux and airy preppy elements, but is one of those locales that had prices a touch out of most of our comfortable spending limits, was supposed to be lowering their prices. I mean supposedly the news came from the J.Crew higher ups so it has to be true.

And anyone who has been reading this blog long enough will know that J.Crew is definitely one of my brands. So I was elated. I came straight home from work to research. And there it was, all over my bloglovin feed.

Sale lovers rejoice...right?

Wrong. Fashionista had to burst our pretty J.Crew bubble necklaces. Editor Dhani Mau clues us in, "According to a source within the company, J.Crew will actually just focus on having a better balance of prices across the board and better communicate why certain items cost what they do. So, perhaps there will be a few more friendlier-priced items in the mix, but prices won’t be lowered overall."

Oh well, looks like my J. Crew purchases will remain where they have always been from...the thrift.

Comments