Thrifty Tip #19: Know When to Go

This tip is actually a new phenomenon I'm discovering along with you amazing peeps, but apparently even thrift stores have sales. And you really should know when those sales are. The whole point in thrifting is to obtain incredible stuff and save money. If you could get great stuff by saving even more money, why wouldn't you do that?

Simply signing up to be on the email list is the best way other than frequently stopping in to buy.

The reason why I'm so excited by this tip is because I actually experienced the thrift store sale. In fact, I ran into one, of epic proportions...
And this is the haul.

A Fa'brik Maxi Dress (which is just the right length for me! Tall girls rejoice!) with the tags still on it, marginally retailing for $78...Tagged for 1 (O-N-E) dollar.
A Lenox picture frame (can never have too many beautiful picture frames) $5
Coach leather mules, $10
BCBG Strappy heels, $2
Ferragamo Boots, $18
Buffalo by David Bitton Pouch, $5
Gap Long Sleeve Tee, $1
A Top Shop Scarf with chains embroidered in it, $5
Fuzzy Warm Socks (I love those things) $2
Not pictured was a gold "love" beaded bracelet I found for $1 (because I was wearing it, I love jewelry)

And here is where it gets good...this particular day, everything under $20 was HALF OFF!

Therefore, making this entire haul about $25.

See why the thrift store sale is so crucial. I would have paid $50 for all of that stuff, and that in and of itself would have been a great deal. But I paid half because I went thrifting on the right day. If I had actually known when to go, I could have done even better! 

The point is, when thrifting, be in the know of when to go!


Comments