New York Fashion Week: Who Is Gonna Wear This $#!t?

So you all know and understand how I feel about Fashion Weeks in general. I'm just not hype. At all. But I will admit that there are some interesting things that do emerge from them, whether new trends to watch (stay tuned, trend reports coming at the end of this month following all 4 [yes four] fashion weeks) a new style to try, or a vintage look given life. 

However, with these fashion pluses there comes fashion minuses. Guess that's how it all evens out for me.

Let's start with beauty. You all know I'm not forgiving on nails and these are just the worst. And about this hair...are we bring the "high top" to women's realm of styling? I just don't get it.

And then there are the clothes. Oh boy. Where to start? I won't, I will just leave these discussion pieces up to you. I will only ask the question posed in the title.

Guys, you weren't exempt from the terri-bad that infected this season's shows. I mean, my fellas, are you really ready to rock...ANY OF THIS?

But before I wrap this up, there is a very special mention. By far the worst show state side that I've seen has to go to Thom Browne.
Holy ugly clothes, Batman. This is just astounding.
I'm almost stunned into silence. 

Mr Browne, I understand your penchant for throwing a...unique show, but how is that going to get these items purchased? And who is going to wear them? (I mean as far as sane people go, you crazies who like this don't really care about anyone's opinions, least of all mine.)

I get it, it's all for the big show that Fashion Week has become. Honestly, this show is starting to resemble a walking art gallery of weird rather than beautiful, appealing, oh and functioning clothes. 

I'm just think about the painstaking efforts some person in a factory or workshop underwent to produce a garment that ins more for artistic show than for functionality. 

And that's exactly what I do not get. Whatever happened to showing fashion? Yes interesting. Yes creative. But still operable, wearable fashion. Clothes that spoke to what is true about the individual donning them. Bags that complemented the total ensemble. Shoes that pull it all together. What happened to that stuff?

I miss clothes like that. Good thing I can still find some at the thrift and vintage shops.

Comments