This Week in Thrift: Why Second Hand Saves me THOUSANDS

No one believes me when I tell them that I pretty much only ever wear Thrifted and second hand items. They believe that I must spend thousands of dollars every season on a new wardrobe, because they believe there is really no way to find beautiful, high end clothes and accessories without buying them new. 

I hope by now I have made a believer out of you, dear readers. No, I really don't spend that much on thrifting, ever! I give myself a strict weekly budget, and I still find great stuff that would have cost me more than 20 times more at retail what I pay at the thrift.

Let me explain using this week's finds:

This week was a light but fruitful week. 

First up, a pair of powder blue Old Navy Skinny Jeans. Perfect for spring, with the tags still on. Originally priced for $30. For me from the thrift? 5 Bucks.

These super comfy terry cloth pants.
...that happen to be by Juicy Couture. Originally priced at $88. I paid a whopping $5.

This gray blazer (okeydokey, I know I have a lot of blazers, don't judge me!)
By Benetton. Benetton blazers run $120. This one was on sale for 75% off of 7 Bucks...making it $1.75.

And this work out tank...
By my favorite brand, Lululemon. Yeah, I could wear Lululemon everyday (I do actually try). Originally priced at $64, I paid 3 bucks.
If I would have purchased all of these items retail, I would have spent $302. Whoa. That's like my grocery cost for 2 months. I ended up paying less than $15. Thrifting for the WIN!

What will you find when you go?




Comments