Good Jeans; The Reclaimed Most Loved Denim (and where to find it cheap)

I love jeans.

I pretty much live in them, wearing them to work, class, out with friends, to visit family, running errands, and yes, even to service. Whether polished with pumps and pearls or slouchy with sneakers and a sweatshirt, jeans will always be a major wardrobe staple, especially in my closet.

Now I may be a thrifter, but I have my favorite brands. Of course Gap is on the list, but there are a few others, brands that you wouldn't believe that I've found, in large quantities, at the thrift or on major sale at stores.

Joes Jeans
These were my first "designer" jeans. I'm a curvy woman, so my denim must accentuate those curves. Joes does that for me. This brand fits a little truer to size, I couldn't find these at any thrift, but there are a plethora of these on sites like ThredUp, Tradesy, and my fave, eBay. I've had so many of these, but my favorite are my boot cut white jeans. 

Seven for All Mankind
I must have at least at least 8 pairs of Seven Jeans and pants. I love the variety of prints and colors I can find in this brand. I've found an unusual amount of these at Philly AIDS Thrift ( who ever you are that keeps donating size 12 of these, thanks and God bless you) My faves of these are my legging jeans, my black jeggings, and my white python (oh yes, they are epic).

Wörn Jeans
My absolute favorite pair of jeans are my Wörn Jeans. These were a lucky find at Greene Street Consignment because I cannot find these anywhere. Perfectly dark denim, just enough stretch, wonderfully boot cut, lovely and long. I only wear these for "special" occasions because of their rarity. 

Rock and Republic
I just got a pair of these this past weekend. Although the original brand went bankrupt two years ago, Rock and Repulic has been taken in by Kohl's, which for the benefit of our wallets, their $88 price tag is way below the original price tag of the brand. These could be my new go to skinnies. The pair I grabbed (on sale, of course) were the uber dark blue Berlin. These have to be the softest jeans I own, I had to check to make sure that they were actual denim. I'm in love.

Honorable Mention Goes to Gap (super comfy) and Old Navy ( the Diva Cut is my favorite). What brands do you love?

Comments