Oscars 2015 Best and Worst Dressed Dudes

Ah, the Oscars. The red carpet of all red carpets. This is where the stars really come to shine.

For all of my Instagram followers (hey yall), you were inundated with my favorite ladies looks of the evening. This post is strictly dedicated to the guys. However, this post, unlike my others dedicated to the award show arrivals, isn't focused mainly on the best dressed. We are also talking the guys who missed the mark. 

So let's start with the worst:

David Oyewolo: 
I understand that the British have difference sensibilities, but sir, I don't this look appealed to either. A red tux and vest? Looks more like a red velvet cupcake than an academy nominee. No thanks.


Jared Leto:
I'm usually such a fan of Mr Leto's fashion choices, but this one is not one of my favorites. Not looks more appropriate for a 1970s flower child  Junior Prom than presenting in th 2015 Academy Awards. 

Kevin Hart:
Had these colors been reversed, I would have loved this look. It's tailored well and looks expensive, but the color is just all wrong for me.

Best Dressed:

John Legend:
He just nails it for me every time. He gets the quintessential crooner thing down to a T. Great tux, the right amount of sheen, immaculate tailoring. Simple, sleek, sophisticated, just like an Oscar winner. 

Channing Tatum:
Another gent that is consistent in his dapper. Clean lines, great tailoring, I even like the (groomed) facial hair. Well done.

Common:
This man seemingly does no wrong for me on the red carpet. Common wins at the tuxedo game every time because he treads the line of edgy and sophisticated so well.
That's it for me. Which dudes were on your list?

Comments