7 People who I will NEVER follow on Instagram

It's no secret, I love Instagram. It's a beautiful way to connect with people and share ideas, thoughts, and vision. It's like a visual guide book of human life and interaction with other people, the planet, and the great Paternal Power who created us all. I find and follow some amazing people every day; stylists, travelers, dreamers, world changers. I admit, Instagram is escapism, yes, but it's a great form of escapism and I love it.

But there are things I don't love about it. 

I will not follow profiles if:

The pics are just disrespectful
-Why would I want to fill my feed with negativity? Bashing, boasting, and general bitching are simply unwelcome on my feed, a feed I often escape to in order to be encouraged, inspired, and entertained.

The profile pic is an ass
-Or boobs, or anything like that. If that is all you have to offer the world, I feel sad for you. An overly sexy profile is of no interest to me.

The pics are selfies...ALL selfies
-The point of Instagram is to get different perspectives from different people. But if your whole perspective is only you, then why do I need to follow? (Hint: I don't)

There are no snaps of your real life
-Your profile is full of pictures of beautiful places and hilarious memes, but there is nothing about who you are. Probably not going to follow.

The profile is celebrity dedicated, but not celebrity run
-I know you feel like Ariana Grande is your girlfriend or that you're an unofficial Kardashian/Jenner, but let's be honest. You've never even met those people. And while you're dedicating time and effort maintaining an Insta profile sharing that dedication, you look obsessed to the rest of us. 

The profile is private
-You like your privacy, and that's fine. Unless you're someone I know offline, I'm not going to follow you.

There is simply not enough photos
-You're new to Instagram or you just don't post often. No hard feelings, I'm just not going to follow you until you have more snaps

What about you? Do you have a no-follow list?

Comments