Plaid for the office


Plaid is one of my favorite patterns, especially to dress up. Something about the relaxed cool of the pattern makes any basic skirt and top outfit seem that much more interesting. The key to successful plaid staying is finding ways to punch up one of the colors by using accessories while keeping main pieces more neutral. 

Blouses like the one above make that task very easy (and sort of fun!) Using the red from this more sophisticated of plaid patterns, I paired the blouse with a cozy chic red coat, red velvet (yes, velvet) shades, and simple pointed red pumps. However, to add an office feel to the look, I also incorporated this high waisted grey pencil skirt. I finish this work ready look with a structured embossed grey bag, and a grey faux fur snood.

It's a look that says "Hey, I'm ready to conquer Tuesday."
Plaid for the office

Red blouse
genuine-people.com

Long coat
beautifulhalo.com

River Island skirt
riverisland.com

Grey handbag
shein.com

Comments