Skirted: Pleated skirts Under $50



It happened when I was leaving Starbucks after a full day of writing and coffee binging.

On my way home, I passed by a young woman who, in all of her simplicity and elegance, could have stepped from the pages of a Vogue Magazine.

She was fair skinned, auburn hair pulled back into a sophisticated bun. Red lipped. Big shades. Mock turtle neck tucked into what would be my next fashion purchase: a pleated midi skirt.

She just looked so chic, I couldn't stand it, but what I really fell for was her pleated skirt! The flow of the fabric, the lady like length, the Parisian circa 1960-esque feel of the entire look, all built upon that pleated skirt that I hoped was in my immediate future.

It was.

Turns out the very next day, during a random visit to Primark, what should I find hanging on the rack for $14 but a black midi pleated skirt?! Consider it purchased!

Now many of you may be thinking, "Whitney, what's the big deal? It's just a skirt". Pleated midi skirts are so timeless and elegant, they make even the most casual tops and should look that much more put together.

Here are 8 pleated skirts I love, all under $50.

Skirted: Pleated skirts Under $50

Comments