How She Wore It: That 70's Feel

I usually try to step it up for Sunday worship at my church. However, on those rare and random months with 5 Sundays in it, I usually take it as an opportunity to choose a more comfortable look.

That, and the fact that today featured bright blue skies and a high of 78 degrees, weather typically very unseasonal for October in Philadelphia, I took today as one last chance to go out without a coat or even a jacket.

Choosing a flowy feminine blouse in vivid color and geometric patterns, I kept the rest of the outfit minimal, opting for dark skinny jeans, black lace up flats, and my current obsession, a vintage burgundy Kelly style handbag. I completed the look by adding on additional jewelry in geometric patterns and freeing the fro.

It wasn't until I put the whole look together that I realized how much, on a day reaching well within the 70 degree mark, and with the overall look of the outfit, how much of a 70's feel it had. The style and vibrance of the blouse, the freedom of the fro, the classic shape of the aviators, all of the geometric patterns, even the era the vintage bag was created, all gave major 70's vibes.

I would definitely call it a groovy Sunday.


Comments