My Favorite Brands to Actually Buy from This Weekend


This is literally one of the biggest shopping weekends of the year. Black Friday/ Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday launch us into the holiday shopping seasons, for better or worse. Personally, I am staying away from the big shopping giants and looking toward the beautiful start ups, small businesses, and local handicrafts shops to get my shopping on.

And I encourage you to do the same. Of course, you, being a savvy shopper, will drop by my shop (thanks to everyone who has stopped by already!) but in addition to that, I would encourage you to stop by the small businesses and brands for unique gifts and presents this year. Here are my current faves to get your shopping weekend started all without fighting any crowds, searching endlessly for a parking space, and all from the comfort of your own home.


Adorned By Chi
If you've been paying attention, you know that this is a brand close to my heart. Adorned by Chi is a brand that creates apparel, accessories, and even stickers that are perfect for the nerdy chic Black Girl (whom I identify). Between the adorable head bands and pom pom earrings to the Black and Proud logo tees written in Barbie pink script, Adorned by Chi is definitely a fave.



Coloring Pins-
I found this brand while surfing around on Instagram, and I blame them for my current growing pin obsession. It started with the first purchase of the "original" pin and now, like a pin fiend, I am awaiting the latest design to be produced (hint, its getting released in December and it is the lyrics of a current favorite song of mine) These are accessories with a message. Coloring Pins creates pins, patches, key chains, and more that call out cultural appropriation in clever and sassy ways that I love.

Elements Aliel-
I am barraged by beautiful brands and great products weekly, but Elements of Aliel really stood out for me. Not just because of the quality and beauty of the brand, but because before I knew the brand, I got to know the brain and beauty behind the brand. I was so blessed to have had the opportunity to work with the creator of this brand on our church's young adult conference this year. She really lives the holistic, healthy life, and she conveys that pardon for whole and healthy living through her bevy of beautiful and natural products.


Radical Dreams Pins-
I first became familiar with this brand the way I become familiar with most brands; through Instagram. If you are a pin collector (like I am becoming) as well as being a woke bae, this is the company for you. I personally fell for Radical Dreams Pins when I realized that they carried both Dwayne & Whitley pins alongside of Shirley Chisholm, Rosa Parks, and Colin Kaepernick. Whats better? All profits from the pins go to various local charities.


Sessa Vee-
I was introduced to Sessa Bee while listening to a Snapchat by one of my blogging inspos, Cara from The Champagne Diet. She was gushing about the beautiful papers she had purchased for her planner from Sessa Bee and I see why. I made a huge order for my birthday last year and haven't regretted it. This brand creates the most beautiful stationary and planner paper I have ever seen. Sophisticated and chic, it has become the only paper I buy for my planners lately.



Skin Deep-
I was introduced to this brand by my bestie. If this all natural hand crafted company sounds familiar, this is the brand's second appearance on The Reclaimed. Skin Deep makes some of the most lovely scrubs and lotions I have ever used on my own typically dry skin.

Keena Prints
Confession time: I love stickers. I am a 31 year old woman who loves stickers. And Keena Prints lets me indulge in my own culturally appropriate and utterly hilarious sticker binges (like I think I am on my 2nd big order from her. This adorable shop is a planner nerd's (like me) dream, complete with planner dashboards, bookmarks, and tons of adorable stickers. And, Keena Prints will even design a custom sticker for you (something I may get on my next order).

Comments