THE RECLAIMED TURNS 4!!!

"Hi!! I'm Whitney, and I am the main blogger on this humble blog. I have been shopping thrift stores, consignment, resale, yard and tag sales for over 10 years now. What started out as a necessity has grown into an awesome hobby... This blog is dedicated to the treasures I find, the places I've been, and the cool people I've met along the way. I hope you enjoy the journey with me!"

Those were the words that started it all. They, along with this goofy crown picture were the first post to ever appear on The Reclaimed.

Here we are, 4 whole years later and it has been a great ride. It is fitting that today falls on a Thursday, which, in this space at least is our day to talk about Thrift Shopping. That is how it all got started.

Things that have not changed: I still thrift shop (of course!), I still love finding a good deal. And I love writing about it.
But plenty of things have indeed changed. The blog has grown so much since I first typed these words on my I Pad 2, 4 years ago this day. It has opened doors for me. It has led to a resume full of writing opportunities. It has led to classrooms and sponsorships and connections and clothes and beauty products and events and new friends.

But what I love most of all, it has been a safe place for me. It has been the place where I have worked out my own ideas, fought for words to express how I was feeling, where I have meditated and cursed and worshipped God and shared my stories and the stories of others who have inspired me along the way.

I hope you have enjoyed these last 4 years of The Reclaimed.

Here's to many more.

Comments