TWMBABW: Incense, Trap, and Yoga


The rise of conscious wear is not something surprising, and shirts with compelling slogans are nothing new. 

But what is new and unique about the shirts produced by the brand Incense, Trap, & Yoga, is the artful balance of elements of the religious and the ratchet, of the divine and the diva, of the spiritual and the street. 

Their creator, Stephanie Keene, masterfully merges these elements creating something that is for those of us who find ourselves in the grey area between Solange and Cardi B. Her works find space for everyone to have a seat at the table and have a valuable conversation without feeling the slightest bit diminished by things we like. 

Without further ado, here is Incense, Trap, and Yoga founder, Stephanie Keene in this edition of "This Was Made By A Black Woman."

"My name is Stephanie Keene, and my brand is Incense, Trap, & Yoga. It's a lifestyle apparel brand that allows folks to make statements with their clothing and accessories and look fly while doing so."

"I created my brand because there were designs I wanted to see on products, so I took on the challenge of creating them for myself. I'm a poet and writer by craft, so there were always lines and sayings that people would hear/read from me and say "you should put that on a shirt." So I am. Also everybody likes t-shirts. Except my mama. But she has one because she supports her babies."

"My favorite product changes from time to time. Right now, my favorite product is the Woke & Twerkin' crop tee. Because the concept sums up the meaning of the brand... that folx can be a lot of different things at once, without the juxtaposition compromising their humanity. The design comes in a few different variants, but the crop tee is my fave because I'm especially happy with how many crops have sold in larger sizes."

Black owned and woman owned mean "I am who I am, doing what I came to do."-Audre Lorde. Just entering entrepreneurship as a black woman is an act of defiance. Sustaining and thriving are icing on the (vegan) cake. I hope to be an inspiration to the people in my life and beyond, particularly for the children."

Follow this brand at Incense, Trap and Yoga and grab your own woke tees.

Comments