TWMBABW: Taliah Waajid


It's virtually impossible to be in the natural hair community without running into Taliah Waajid products.

The yellow labeled, black lid hair product line that bares her name is one of the top brands for natural girls and their kinks, coils and curls and I am personally a fan.

I wanted to hear from the namesake by the brand's namesake herself and I had the privilege and opportunity to hear from Ms Waajid on why she created the successful line, her drive, and what being Black Woman owned and crafted really means in this day and age.

"My name is Taliah Waajid, brand name TW products: we provide healthy hair care products for textured hair."

A natural (get it) entrepreneur, Taliah's passion and drive moved her into using her creativity to craft a life she wanted. "My passion for being able to do something creative every day of her life, and the ability to do that and make a living. It was no other choice for me."

Formerly a natural hair stylist, Taliah saw a need arise for those who loved their natural hair but wanted a variety of ways to manage it without forcing it to change. "I saw a need for my kind of products, none were in the market place when I started my brand. Most of the hair care products available changed the texture of hair instead of allowing people to actually embrace the texture of their natural hair and care for it while exploring different styling options."

She also attributes her upbringing for her passion for Black hair. "I also grew up not being allowed to get a perm so I had to be creative with my hair and different styles at a young age. I would consult my clients back to healthy hair and wanted them to know that it was ways to deal with their textured hair without having to revert back to perm/relaxed hair, and I found beauty in educating people on that and teaching them that HEALTHY hair is GOOD hair."

While all of her products are highly regarded, she says her favorite product from her brand is "The nutrients shine butter, because I can use it on my hair and body. I tend to have dry skin and this is the only thing I can apply to my skin and it lasts all day without me being ashy a few hours later. Love the smell and it’s not too greasy."

As far as being Black Woman Made and Owned, "I am just glad to see that the masses are starting to see and recognize the power of a black woman. Majority of men are starting to see our capability and allow us to lead. There’s a reason why the old saying “behind every strong man is a strong woman in his corner” that statement is true. We are natural born leaders and are very capable of paving the way in any industry."

You can find Taliah Waajid's products wherever you find your hair care products. Check out more about Taliah Waajid at their site.

Comments