What happened to Black Girls Rock?

We are literally bombarded with every other awards show and red carpet on the planet. And last night was one of the biggest awards show for the Black community, Black Girls Rock.

And I found one post. ONE. (Shout out to Huff Post).


via GIPHY
But umm, where are all the posts?! All this #blackgirlmagic and there's NO coverage?

So I decided to write one (ok, in all transparency, I was going to do one anyway, but now, it seems that I must. Thank me later.)

There was the slayage that happened on the Red Carpet, where all of my faves showed they did not come to play with y'all...again, shout out to Huff Post.





Then there was this incredible moment when Black Girls Rock founder, Beverly Bond reminded us of our collective power...



And then there was this moment when our patron saint of Black Femininity and Shade, our nationally designated Auntie, Auntie Maxine.

Reclaim Yo' Time, Auntie!

What were your favorite moments from this year's Black Girl's Rock? Drop yours in the comments below!


Comments