TWMBABW: Black Vibe Tribe

Black Vibe Tribe
What were you doing at 14 years old? I was scribbling poems and stories furiously into the back of my notebook, carrying around more Lip Smackers than I could ever wear, and trying to adjust to how tall I had grown (and how much the boys did not) over the summer. #teenlife.

What is our feature this week, Trinity Simone, doing? Creating and providing some of the most woke apparel I have seen in my foray into fashion through her brand, Black Vibe Tribe.

Trinity doesn't just design quippy, quirky, quintessentially Black pieces for profit. She believes every statement scrawled across every super soft tee, emblazoning its wearer with cultural affirmation and conviction. "My company strives to connect, love, uplift and build with melanated people...aka "people of color.""she says. You don't just wear Black Vibe Tribe tees, you LIVE them.

Today's This Was Made By A Black Woman Teen: Trinity Simone and her brand Black Vibe Tribe: 

"I've utilized a small space on earth for 14 years now." about herself, Trinity says, though Trinity remains unencumbered by her age. "Those closest to me call me an "ol soul." I'm a determined, strong willed, extremely passionate young woman that is determined to leave my mark on the world." 

And Black Vibe Tribe is not her first foray into the limelight. "My resume is chock full of exciting adventures. I am a professional actress and model. I am an honors student. I blog. I sing. I'm a spoken word artist. I sew. I enjoy cooking and even more obsessed with plating. I code. I enjoy traveling and because of my love for books..reading has taken me all over the world. I'm a philanthropist and my latest venture is blazing the trail to entrepreneurship." 

About her brand, Black Vibe Tribe, "I felt the need to create a brand that offered BOLD STATEMENTS that resonated with people of color, something that they can relate to. I wanted to create pieces that are an expression of my hopes, dreams, aspirations and art. I needed to create items that you're not going to find at your local mall."

Trinity is truly proud of her ethnicity. "I am unapologetic about my allegiance to people of color. I was birthed from a legacy of survivors, so with my ancestors blood running through my veins, I'm ready to take on the world. I feel like I have a lot to offer." 

She is deeply driven by a sense of purpose and a touch of destiny behind her brand. "I have the same 24 hours in a day that everyone else in the world does, so why not do something that could ignite people to bring forth positive change in a world that would benefit from it. My entrepreneurial journey was born." 

"I think that it's important to offer goods that speak to people." Trinity says. "They can remain silent but raise their voice by simply wearing a t-shirt, drinking out of a coffee mug or simply by having a pillow displayed nicely in their bedroom." 

Trinity uses a strong sense of her past to drive her forward. "I would like to see the day when we have a Black Wall Street again. We need to create products for us that are made by us. I'm a huge fan of supporting black businesses because we have been disenfranchised for some time now. We need to get back to the time where we are circulating black dollars in our communities for a longer period of time. "

A true creative, Trinity doesn't show favoritism for any of her products. "I could never choose a favorite product, each and every item holds a unique and different meaning. However, on any given day, any one of my products might speak to me, as certain messages on my products may relate to events that are currently happening in the world."

When asked about what it means to both Black and Woman owned, Trinity says "Black owned is powerful, but when you add that a woman is the force behind a black owned business, it gives me goose bumps. Black women are my Sheroes. I come from a legacy of brave, strong, resilient women and I have taken little nuggets of information from each and every one of them. Black women have defied the odds! I'm constantly inspired by bold, strong, magical black women who are authors of their own stories. Because of them, I will be a fearless voice for my generation."

Like what you read? (How could you not?) Show Trinity and her amazing brand some love below.
Website: www.blackvibetribe.com
IG: @blackvibtribe
Twitter: @blackvibetribe
FB: Black Vibe Tribe

Comments