Reclaimed Heart: Lies

I haven't always written about fashion, beauty, and culture. You will be surprised to know that I was writing stories and poems long before I ever had a blog. Going into elementary school, I had already amassed a small library of journals full of writings.

I recently rediscovered my love of writing when I found some dust notebooks full of poems that had never seen any eyes other than mine. Opening each of these was like stepping back in time and meeting myself then. They are full of lessons, heartbreaks, victories, and a few laughs.

And while I feel almost nervous to share such a transparent door into myself, of who I was, who I am and how I arrived there, these were literally reclaimed words that should be shared.

So, I have decided to share them here, on The Reclaimed, with all of you in this new series called The Reclaimed Heart.

Here is one of my latest works. It's entitled Lies.


Comments