I'm going on a Shoe Fast...

Happy #TuesdayShoesDay fam!

I know I say this a lot, but its true:
I have too much stuff. I am good for a quarterly closet clear out, but I find at the end of each quarter, I have amassed more crap. It doesn't help that I have a great thrift shop that has beautiful things for literally pennies AND I have fashionable friends who are also quite generous. Whatever the reason is, I have too many things.

After clearing out spaces like my bookcase (it’s HUGE space by the way) and my kitchen, I am turning my sights to my shoes.

I love shoes. I really do. And being a woman with a 9.5/10 size foot, its not easy for me to find my size. That aside, I have amassed a huge amount of shoes. A few years ago, I stopped the madness with my footwear and sold, gave away, and donated 40 pairs. Yes, you read that right. 40 pairs, y’all.

I am proud to say that I haven’t purchased too many additional pairs since, but I still have too many, more than I can or do wear.

So, in the spirit of my journey into minimalism, I have decided to go on a shoe fast.

Maybe fast isn't the right word , maybe I should say that I am abstaining from buying any new shoes for myself.

Not only will I be abstaining from purchasing new shoes, I will be culling my collection down to the essentials:

1 pair of snow boots
1 pair of dress boots
1 pair of Uggs
3 pairs of flats
3 pairs of heels
3 pairs of sneakers
1 pair of slippers

Wish me luck. I’ll keep you posted....

Comments