Michelle Obama


What can I say about Mrs. Michelle Obama that has not already been said?

Nothing.

But the sentiment remains that she will forever reign and the most refined, most astute, most intelligent, and most accomplished First Lady the United States has ever known.

Not to mention, she slays; whether it’s her impeccable fashion sense, her side eye game, her quick wit that is so fast it slices those who don’t do right without ever mentioning them by name.

Yes. Our Forever First Lady is refined, eloquent, funny, woke, and is everything real Americans can be proud of.

On this, her 54th birthday, The Reclaimed is honored to celebrate the queen herself; Michelle Obama through her most power, prolific, and just plain awesome quote gems.

“There are still many causes worth sacrificing for, so much history yet to be made.”

“I never cut class. I loved getting A’s, I liked being smart. I liked being on time. I thought being smart is cooler than anything in the world.”

“Whether you come from a council estate or a country estate, your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.”

“If my future were determined just by my performance on a standardized test, I wouldn't be here. I guarantee you that.”

“Together, we can help make sure that every family that walks into a restaurant can make an easy, healthy choice.”

“The problem is when that fun stuff becomes the habit. And I think that's what's happened in our culture. Fast food has become the everyday meal.”

“The realities are that, you know, as a black man, you know, Barack can get shot going to the gas station, you know.”

“And let's be clear: It's not enough just to limit ads for foods that aren't healthy. It's also going to be critical to increase marketing for foods that are healthy.”

"When I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don't invest any energy in them, because I know who I am."

"Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals."

"Find people who will make you better."

"Women and girls can do whatever they want. There is no limit to what we as women can accomplish."

"I've seen firsthand that being president doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are."

"No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are beautiful."

"We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own 'to do' list."

"You've got to make choices that make sense for you because there's always going to be somebody who'll think you should do something differently."

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It's about the difference you make in people's lives."

"We learned about dignity and decency – that how hard you work matters more than how much you make... that helping others means more than just getting ahead yourself."

"Do not die in the history of your past hurts and past experiences, but live in the now and future of your destiny.

"Walk away from 'friendships' that make you feel small and insecure, and seek out people who inspire you and support you."

"Whether you come from a council estate or a country estate, your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude."

"I admit it: I am louder than the average human being and have no fear of speaking my mind. These traits don't come from the colour of my skin but from an unwavering belief in my own intelligence."

"Be passionate about something and lean to that strength."

"The only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them."

"Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own." 

"There is no magic to achievement. It's really about hard work, choices, and persistence."

Which quote was your favorite? Let’s talk! Drop me a comment below to share your favorite Mama Obama quotes.

Comments