but why the ugly sneakers though?


I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but there has a been a rash of ugly sneakers hitting runways, show rooms and stores, and thusly, are on the feet of fast grabbing fashionistas ready to pounce on the latest and supposedly greatest.

I can't. It doesn't honor my coins nor the time in which I have spent to earn said coins. But, equally as important, these ugly sneakers definitely do not honor my personal style aesthetic.

I know, I know, you're going to jump down my throat "But Whitney, you LIVE in athleisure. Sneakers have become you're thing. How could you NOT at least see the appeal in these pairs?" Yes, I do love athleisure (shout out to Lululemon for the few indestructible pairs of pants I purchased many years ago that still embrace all my curves. I live in them!) But that doesn't mean every pair that pops up in my social feed will become the next greatest pair I fall for.

Case and point:

Balenciaga Speed Runner
The nightmarish Balenciaga Speed Runner High sneakers; these sneakers look like a sock attached to a sneaker sole. No thanks.
Balenciaga Triple S
The Balenciaga Triple S look more like orthopedic shoes I would get for my grandmother.

Nike Air Max '97
These Nike Air Max probably should have stayed in 97. They remind me of 7th grade and light up Sketchers and church youth group. Needless to say, I don't want to wear these as a whole grown adult.

Fila Disruptor II

These Fila Disruptors... Now, let me say that I am so HERE for the resurgence of Fila and its latest collab with Fendi. I love the 90's revival. But these sneakers that look like a roller skate minus the wheels, you can miss me with.

What sneakers are you side eyeing? I want to hear from you! Drop a comment below.
SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments