How to purge your beauty basket, even if you're a product junkie

Hi, my name is Whitney Alese, and I am a product junkie.

Its funny when I tell people that because I am such a plain Jane, lip gloss and eye brow gel, type girl. In actuality, I love to play in products that often leave my face courtesy of a makeup remover before I ever leave the house (judge your mom!).

While I like make up, my real love is skin care. Tell me something plump, firms, brightens, or comes in a mask and I'm snagging it. But all of this snagging has gobbled up serious space in my bathroom.

It doesn't help my product love that companies frequently send me free full size products to try ( you won't hear me complain about that either!)

In this season of budding minimalism, its time to minimize my beauty basket (cabinet, curio, its literally everywhere yall!)

Here is how I am culling my beauty products:

Tossing out mostly used and expired products:
I am the type of person who holds on to products until they are completely used up. And that creates a lot of clutter for me. A lot of this clutter could be products that are already past their expiration date or are mostly used. A simple combing through of your products could be the answer to ridding yourself of the excess.

Selling products:
Nothing worse than buying a product only to find out that you are no longer feeling it or the brand. What if you could get cash for your products? Glambot lets you sell your products as long as your products follow a list of requirements. Might as well get your coins back for things you don't want.

Donating unopened products:
Why not put those products to use and help someone else in the process? Plenty of charities will take your goodies off your hands to help others in need.

Not buying another product and actually using the stuff!:
This is what I really need to do. Sephora be damned! Most of the time, I simply forget that I have something, that is until I try to cull the beauty mess and rediscover it. By actually using the products I have, I don't waste money or the product and I have the chance to tell you babes if its actually worth purchasing or not.

Those are my short and sweet tips for decluttering your beauty products. Anyone else have a beauty collection that is busting out of the seams? Drop a comment below!

Comments