Stone Cold Rolling

Stone rollers are the face tool everyone from beauty novices to beauty enthusiasts are chatting about.

Originating in ancient China as a beauty tool for aristocracy, stone rollers, the most popular being the Jade roller, comes with supposed huge benefits. These rollers, used for a cool (as in temperature) facial massage, and are said to help "sculpt" your features by encouraging facial drainage (by encouraging your lymphatic system’s natural detoxification process), “brightening” your face (by increasing circulation and blood flow beneath your skin, creating a very visible glow), depuffing, and even toning slackening muscles.
But are these claims even true? I mean, c'mon, has our love of crystals gone too far when we decide to start rubbing them all over our faces? Needless to say, I was a skeptic.

After a few weeks of my own testing, the short answer to if these stone face rollers work: umm yeah girl! I purchased this jade roller to test out the theories myself. And I have not regretted it.

I instantly noticed the cool feel of the stone against my face, and as the temperature rises, who wouldn't want a nice cool facial massage? I use mine to massage my creams and serums into my face (usually accompanied by a glass of sparkling water, smoothie, or wine while watching a movie.) And while I have not have not had it long enough to check out the sculpting features, I have noticed more of a glow from my own face.

So I rounded up a handful of these stone face rollers with their own high ratings and low price. Here are my top picks of stone rollers your face deserves for under $20

The Classic:
Iebeauty Jade Roller
Promising Review: "Love these! Bought these to use for cold therapy because of swelling issues. I keep them in fridge. Results are subtle but after daily use results start compounding."


The Standout:


Promising Review: "I love this tool. It's perfect for massaging while watching tv. It relaxes your facial muscles...it's good quality too. I see other vendors selling a similar one for $50 and up."


The Rebel:
Ovovo Agate Roller
Promising Review: "I wasn't sure how this was going to work but once I got it and began using it on my face - WOW, I love how it seems to improve circulation and smooths out my skin. The large end was perfect for my forehead, neck and cheeks and the smaller end was great around eyes and nose area. It rolls easily (just be careful of the metal sides that hold the rollers in place as they are a little sharp). Overall, a fun and easy way to massage the face."


The Pretty Princess
Charminer Rose Roller
Promising Review: "This rose quartz roller is beautiful! It came packaged between thick styrofoam pieces and arrived in perfect condition. The facial roller is made of good quality stone and is comfortable to hold. The stone feels cool on my skin. I use the smaller end for depuffing the eye area and the larger end along my jawline and cheeks. I use this each night as part of my PM skincare routine and I don't know how I lived without it before."

Have you tried stone face rollers? What are your thoughts? Drop your comments below!

Comments