My Favorite Lipsticks in Honor of National Lipstick Day

It's National Lipstick Day! Yes, it's a thing

Here are a few of my current faves (yes I said a few. There are more. What is interesting that my typically low maintenance lifestyle, I don't wear lipstick often enough to justify the amount I have. This is probably about a quarter of my collection. Judge your mom.) 

Lippies were the very first “makeup” that I fell in love with. I remember playing in the mirror, changing colors, swatching different shades on the inside of my arm, I looked more like a walking palette than a girl. 

Now, lipstick has become one of the few things I reach for when I want to amp up my look. Whether a sophisticated nude, a glammed up red, or a vampy oxblood or even purple, I have fallen for lipsticks hard and honestly do think they deserve their own holiday.

Like I said before, I have a ton of favorites, ranging from drugstore staples like NYX and Maybelline to online exclusives like Colourpop and Aveda to Sephora and high-end brands like Laura Mercier, Benefit, Too Faced, Urban Decay, and Tarte. Every makeup lover should have an arsenal. 

In honor of the day, I have created an entire list of lippies worth checking out. See my lipstick picks here.

Comments