My first Detox (with the help of Detox Organics)

Detox Organics
When it comes to detoxing, I have to admit, I am a complete novice. While I do commit to my lemon water and apple cider vinegar teas regularly, I haven't really had much experience with detoxes, and the things I have heard don't really appeal to me.

The idea of drinking some concoction and having it literally clean out my past food sins and inner grossness is very intimidating. I am a busy woman, after all, and constantly on the go. That lifestyle means that I cannot be glued to a toilet. Just putting that out there.

However, when Detox Organics approached me for a collaboration, I was interested. Maybe it was the "organic" part that got me thinking. Maybe it was the raving reviews I read. Maybe it was the fact that their ingredients are actually organic and come from the earth, not from a lab. Maybe I just wanted to see what it was like, so, I gave Detox Organics a try for the weekend.

There are many benefits of a good detox including:
Daily support for healthy elimination of toxins
Eases Digestion
Helps maintain a natural pH balance within your body
Reduces inflammation
Supports the natural detoxification that your body already does
Boosts energy
Promotes weight loss
Eliminates fatigue
Reduces Bloat
Supports overall health and wellness

And who wouldn't want those results?

Tip #1: Clear your schedule:
When you are first detoxing, it is important that you don't start on a busy day. You don't know how your body will respond to the detox. To be honest, I did end up living in the bathroom for some time. What I like about Detox Organics is their transparency about their product. They tell you right on their site that "...symptoms might include skin breakouts, gas and bloating, body aches, brain fog, fatigue, low energy, headaches, irritability, extreme cravings (for sweet, salty or other unhealthy foods), constipation and diarrhea. However, this isn't the case for everyone. It all depends on how heavily your diet consisted of processed foods, sugars, and alcohol to name a few."

Tip #2: Drink a lot of water
Our bodies are made up of percent water and need a lot of it daily. If you're detoxing, this is all the more important due to that nasty little side effect of diarrhea. Staying properly hydrated makes the detoxing that much easier.

Tip #3: Prep your body before the detox
This is VITAL, yall! No point in loading up on the junk to make the detox work that much harder. You already absorb enough junk through pollution and what not. Don't go making it worse by overdoing processed foods and sugary drinks. Instead, a few days before your detox, cut down on alcohol and caffeinated drinks, such as coffee, tea, and sodas (because they all dehydrate the body), avoid processed foods like the plague, eat fewer meats, dairy, and sugar-packed food (as this gives your digestive system a break from breaking down those complex foods). 

Replace those foods with lots of vegetables and whole fruit, concentrating on fruits like berries, apples, and pears. (PROTIP: Avoid fruit juices. They are mostly sugar (surprise, surprise) and make your energy levels unstable.)
Also, when in doubt, go raw. Raw nuts, avocados, and pears to get essential healthy fats, which will slow down your digestion and give you more energy. Seeds, like chia seeds, are also easily digested, and full of protein and Omega 3.

Tip #4: Choose a detox from a brand that cares about your health and wellness
Once you have prepped your body for the detox, its time to choose your method of detox. I chose the packets of Detox Organics not just for the testimonials (because as with all products, individual results may vary) but because their ingredients are actually all natural and actually organic.

I have heard too many stories of harsh detoxes that leave people feeling sick, bleary, or just unhappy with their results. But I didn't experience any of that. True, I got a lot of reading done in my restroom,  but I took that as a symptom of all of the daily toxins and trash that entered my system, whether through absorption or because I like crap food, were leaving it. I felt clean, y'all. I did not realize how much junk my body was carrying around and after a short unpleasant time, I get to walk around refreshed, alert,  and more aware of what I am putting in my body.

Because I want you to feel as good as I do right now, I have partnered with Detox Organics for the offer below. Take advantage, y'all. It will blow your mind how good you feel afterward.

15% Off Your Order with code THERECLAIMED at DetoxOrganics.com


Comments