Literally the best sleep of my life (with Tempur-Pedic)

It's weird what you discover about yourself when you're willing to make changes in your life, however small.

For example, I had been having shoulder pain for weeks.

I chalked it up to long walks and heavy bags, even the wrong shoes. I changed from a day bag to a backpack, started living in sneakers, even shortened my walking time, but the shoulder pain persisted.

It was not until I changed my mattress (because surprise! Mattresses are not forever) that I realized my shoulder stiffness was being caused by sleeping on an improper mattress. While the average life span of a typical mattress is between 7 to 10 years, my old faithful was honestly not of the best quality, but I did not realize this until I changed mattresses.

Prior to this, Tempur Pedic reached out to me for a partnership. To be honest, I was suspicious. After all, I had heard claims from every mattress brand under the sun promising a better night's sleep. How much of a difference could one mattress make?

I decided to pertner with Tempur Pedic to see, having the chance to try TEMPUR-ProAdapt Mattress. For my needs, I chose the Medium Hybrid. Delivery day came, and I was surprised at how much larger my new ProAdapt was compared to my old mattress. My ProAdapt was two times as thick, boasting 4 different layers for comfort.

For the past few weeks I have been sleeping on it. Here's what I noticed:

I noticed that I was falling asleep quicker, waking up less throughout the night, and waking up in the morning feeling actually rested.

I typically toss and turn regulary, often waking up so tangled in my bedding, I become a human burrito. But I have noticed a reduction of burrito-ing, often I wake up in almost the same position I fell asleep in.

The best part? My shoulder pain (that I blamed everything else on) is gone. Like, gone. And while side effects of these mattresses vary, I can confidently say that the ProAdapt certainly was the factor in the immediate reduction and eventual disappearance of my shoulder pain.

I have literally experienced the best sleep of my life. Literally. And I wake up pain free and ready for the day.

However, one side additional effect I noticed: I also noticed that I cannot work from my bed anymore (because, well, it's so comfortable, I often find myself cozying up and thus falling asleep. Judge your mom, the thing is comfy.)

Sleep is one of those things that so many of us take for granted, but it is so vital to our overall health and the average adult needs 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night. It is just as important as exercise and eating right! I learned that through this experience and I am incredibly grateful to Tempur-Pedic for the opportunity to drastically improve mine.

Comments