Solange Came to Save Black History Month


Solange came along to save Black History Month. This week, the last week of Black History Month, she released a batch of mysterious, artistic, and, well, very Solange-esque visuals, including video clips, choreography, and a lot of semi-nude photos that has fans, like myself, gagging.


The images and videos suggest that the theme of Solange’s project may be homage to her beloved Houston, Texas roots mixed in with sexually liberated notes: her Black Planet Page is full of GIFs feature Solange in different types of cowboy boots, while images in a vertical dubbed “Dossier” feature black ranchers in various rodeo scenes.


Texts on the webpage read: "I made the pilgrimage back to the pagoda of third ward houston to answer this." or "Threw my earnings like offerings and prayed it went to something that made her feel good. How much of ourselves do we leave at home and how much do we carry with us forever?" sounding very much like a Solange lyric that I will be belting in hopefully a few weeks time.



I have already told you guys what A Seat at The Table has meant to me and how it is STILL helping me through Trump's America. I can only wait with bated breath to see what Solange has in store to steal my edges.

Comments