Reclaimed Life: So...I was featured in Vocal



I have a hard time talking about myself. I know that sounds weird. I'm a writer, a blogger, and a podcaster. My job is to talk about stuff, which I do and do often. But when it comes to talking about myself, I am a mess.

It's both exciting and nerve-wracking to me when anyone wants to feature the work I write or even, and more nerve-wracking, me. I'm a self-professed "boring girl"; I live in an apartment surrounded by plants, books, and a sassy cat, I thrift shop on Tuesdays. I am usually in bed before 11, yes even on the weekend.

So when Vocal asked to spotlight me, needless to say, my initial excitement was quickly swamped by the murky waters of worry and the gators of anxiety.

However, their writers had some very interesting (and dare I say, fun) questions to ask me that completely drained my worry swamp and helped me be my natural, goofy self.

So what did we talk about? Everything, from writing to representation to my favorite Friends character (hint: it's also the name of my fur baby!) to my dream place to travel, and so much more.

I am literally honored anytime someone learns or grows or even thinks about what I write. To have an entire community of writers and creatives say that I deserve spotlighting really fills my heart. I know that it's not just me who did this, it's us. It's the community all of us have built together. So grateful to all of you for joining me on this journey. Let's keep growing together.

Check out the feature at Vocal.media.

Comments