So I started a TikTok...



I going to come right out about it, I started a TikTok account after listening to an earlier Drink With James. In that past episode, an influencer was discussing her success on TikTok where she shared her now-viral video of her view from her apartment view of New York. I have to be honest, I found her explanation and the accompanying video completely braggy and missing the condition most New Yorkers live in. After all, her video was of a high rise, ceiling-high window wide-open view of Manhattan. I rolled my eyes almost immediately.

So initially, my 1st impression of TikTok was disgust.

Then I joined and got to watching some of the other videos. I was pleasantly surprised. There are so many creative, funny, and innovative makers there. It's awesome.

However, I also encountered a lot of ignorance, bigotry, and, of course, racism. Because, wherever there are people, there is likely ignorance...

So I started an account to address the foolishness called the AntiBlackFishClub, thinking that it would be my release to all of the frustration I was feeling from the endless amount of ignorance that one receives on the internet in general.

I was surprised, and honestly, now inspired that the account as of today has blown past 5000 followers in just two weeks! So you are on TikTok, come hang, come chat, come grow with us!

Comments