To the Karen who tried to colonize my comment section,


Before I directly address my comments to this particular Karen, I would like to talk to my White Readers, Supporters, and those who happen upon this page:

Let me start off by saying that if you are being an accomplice during this massive movement towards equal rights, awesome. If you haven't because you're unsure of what to say or do, I totally understand, hence why I and others like me willingly share information and provide education on what to do and what not to do during this enormous historical and cultural shift.

None of this is directed at you, but of course, feel free to learn from it.

For Juneteenth, I shared the following on Twitter and then shared an image of this on Instagram:
Overall, the response was positive. I had a lot of reshares and comments not to mention the folks who actually dropped into my CashApp and Venmo (by the way, thank you to all of you who did share the love.

However, there was one user on Instagram who emphatically opposed this notion. Now, when I personally disagree with someone online, I usually think about it for a minute and then just scroll. But this comment left below my Juneteenth post that I felt could be a great teachable moment.

Thi user is who I will be addressing the remainder of this blog:

Dear Comments Karen

Certainly, you didn't expect a clap back when you called me a scammer, whether it was because you thought I was too nice of a person or I have a bigger size audience so I wouldn't see your comment, but either way, here we are.
It seems that you believe that Black folk being paid for the daily emotional and educational labor we put out daily is a scam.

Rather than simply scrolling, you launched into a tirade that is way too long and way to asinine to post here, but here are the highlights:
I doubt my post was the 1st time you have been asked to pay for education. From Colleges and Universities to webinars to pottery and cooking classes all charge for their time and insight. The real sentiment revealed here is that you simply don’t value the labor of Black Insight. Not only that but you obviously feel entitled to have access to that insight that ultimately you place no value to, hence the tirade. It’s paradoxical, but so are many elements of supremacy.

You also use the term “The Blacks”. Anyone who actually “has Black friends” (and not a Candace Owens version) knows that using that terminology is a big no-no.


Finally, there is something very sick about a White Person blaming any POCs, but especially Black folks for “dividing the colors” (such a weird statement in and of itself), when, historically, it was White folks who came to a nation filled with people they deemed not fit to live or at least occupy their own lands, forcibly removed the original inhabitants, created an entire human trafficking triangle kidnapping people from an entirely different land, created racial classes by which they were “at the top”, benefit from the systems of oppression they put into place for over 500 years; and then shape their lips or their fingers to blame Black folks for the divisions they forgot their ancestors proudly created.

Sick. Just sick.

So, if Black folks sharing their Cashapps, Venmos, PayPals on Juneteenth, a holiday celebrating the supposed liberation of their people, who were trafficked, brutalized, terrorized, and disenfranchised for centuries puts your panties in a twist, you might need to check your own heart.

Signed,
A Black Woman who deserves to be compensated for keeping folks educated and uncancelled.

Comments