Dear 36 Weeks (One Day at a Time)

Dear 36 Weeks;

Back in March, when the world was closing down due to an unknown pandemic, I found out I was pregnant. This is not my 1st pregnancy, but as you can see, previous journeys led to different destinations. 


So when I read that test, an old familiar fear rose up in me, one I have tried my best to suppress, but it lingered in the back of my mind. Looking at the scope of a maximum of 40 weeks with the daunting task of doing something my body was not able to previously do terrifies me. 


So I stopped thinking 40 weeks and started thinking the same thought when I was walking through some of my other dark days: “One day at a time.” I took one day, each day at a time, through this journey. 


With every sick day and well day, up and down day, high energy and super sleepy day, from doctor's appointments to gender reveals to baby showers, one day at a time. 


36 weeks felt so far away once. 


I woke up this week at 36 weeks. The gratitude outweighs the fear, although fear is still there. God has been very good to me, walking with me through this journey with an amazing support system and husband. Soon we will be holding our baby in our arms, until then, I’m waiting, joyfully, one day at a time. 

Comments