Not a mommy blog, a mommy who blogs

I have been fighting the label of mommy blogger. 

Hard. 

Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom. I have a lot to say about becoming a mom, how life and relationships and schedules and home and mind and heart shift. How you are the same as you ever were and yet so fundamentally different than you have ever been. It's a beautiful and frustrating and lonely and empowering and isolating and joy-filled struggle. 

Again there is a lot to say about motherhood, especially in the middle of a pandemic. Especially after spending all of my 1st full-term pregnancy and the entire first year of my child's life in quarantine. 

There is a lot to say.

But I have fought the label of mommy blogger for several reasons, but mostly this: While I adore motherhood, there is more to me than my motherhood. 

Gone are the days where I would be niched down to discuss only one topic. 

Not when there is a world of things to discuss. 

Not when there is more to me to discuss. 

So yes, while I will drop the occasional baby product review or show what we are reading or playing with, my child isn't all I have or want to discuss.

So, while I am not offended if anyone does call me a mommy blogger, know that, as in the past, this blog will be more than a space where I talk about motherhood, mothering, raising a child, etc. I am still me. The world is still full of crazy and infuriating and thoughtful and beautiful things to discuss, and we are still going to talk about them.




Comments