Well that was a long break...What's been going on with me lately.

Hi!

I am still here. And I owe you an apology.

When I first started this blog, I did a little market research, looking around for blogs I liked that I wanted to model my own after. The number of abandoned blogs I came across was dizzying and disappointing. I swore I wouldn't ever let mine lapse like that.

And here I am, nearly 5 month's later after my last post. Sorry about that.

So here is what has been going on and what you can expect from this space:

As you can imagine, life has picked up a bit for me. Instead of cradling a newborn, I'm now chasing a very strong and sort of fast toddler. Emmie is brilliant. I know, I am biased, but she is brilliant. She's a champion cup stacker, she loves puzzles and picture books, she's a great eater, and is a pretty good sleeper. She is my biggest challenge and my greatest joy. If I don't stop myself, I will end up talking about her for the remainder of this post.

A few weeks back, I had the opportunity to learn how to pitch my writing to big publications (I talk about it more in detail on my Patreon, but now your girl has a bit more swag to her. I'm not naming any names. All I am going to say is expect to see my name in some upcoming bylines in some pretty familiar publications you know and love.

Speaking of publishing, I had a few of my newer pieces published over on Medium, including a piece on where the phrase "barrel of laughs" comes from (hint: it's slavery), the one word that carried Ketanji Brown Jackson from Judge to Justice, and in light of the slap we are all still talking about, a VERY important question.

I am also in a certificate program for entrepreneurship. Yeah, I missed school. But I didn't miss school. If you know, then you know.

My husband, yall's buddy Earl is completing a Master's of Divinity. Lots of school, lots of papers, lots of reading. Im very proud of him. But I cannot wait until he graduates. My goodness, its a lot of work.

The Reclaimed Podcast is inches away from BIG milestone. I'll tell you once we hit it but yeah, its about to get VERY exciting here.

I was featured in iD Magazine, thanks to writer Banseka Kayembe and MJ Corey of Kardashian Kolloquium for referring me to Banseka. 

Other than all of that, I'm just here, still wading through the pandemic craziness. Trying to stay hydrated, well rested and well paid, be a good mama and a good wife and a good person, in that order. 

Don't worry, this won't be the last time you hear from me. Expect to hear from me way more often. I have a lot coming down the pipes and I cannot wait to share with each of you! Thanks for sticking around.

 

Comments