The Introvert hits NYFW: Spring Summer 2018

Earl keeps me laughing, y'all.
If you were following my social this past weekend, you saw me hit those chic streets of New York for Fashion Week. As I said in my previous post, this season was different in that I would be attending way more shows than the first time I attended

So, if I was to be dashing from show to show with minimal time to waste ( i.e. no time to change from one look to another, not that I would, y'all), I needed a look that would be unique and comfortable, simultaneously ready for selfies, front rows, interviews, and the like. I wanted it to be a combo of all of my style facets.

In true Reclaimed fashion (see what I did there), I thrifted most of my outfit. I bought a Ramones concert tee from Primark a month before. However, I wanted to put it with something that would counterbalance the rocker edge. I opted for a burgundy pleated midi skirt with white and yellow flowers (sweet but moody). I slid into the most sumptuous leather jacket (bad ass) and tossed on the most sophisticated Tiffany & Co. set (classy). And of course, a pair of Chucks, and we out.

I ended up seeing eight shows spread out across Manhattan. My favorite moments from New York Fashion Week this season:

Elanur Erdogan

This was my first show of the day, an ethereal presentation by designer, Elanur Erdogan. This designer's creations consisted of combination of left over pale colored scrap pieces left around the studio. The backdrop of dead flowers, torn pieces of tulle, and elaborate chandelier and live music gave this presentation a hauntingly beautiful air.

Olivia Palmero X Banana Republic 

When Olivia Palmero plans an open to the public fashion show, you need to get there early. My typical hatred of being late paid off. I managed to get into the very crowded Banana Republic to catch Palmero's presentation of her collaboration collection of 70 new pieces with Banana Republic. So chic and elegant, very much in the same style that made Palmero a well known influencer.

Linda Gail

I hustled over to Style Fashion week to witness Linda Gail's show. Having seen her pieces and fallen in love with her special occasion wear, I wanted to see them live. And I wasn't disappointed. Lovely takes on dresses and suits for children and young adults accompanied by live electric violin. My absolute favorite was the dress to the left, a black sheath dress overlaid with translucent black netting of embroidered flowers. A beautiful collection.

Sheri Autry
I then hustled my way to Couture Fashion Week to witness one of the most lovely bridal collections I have seen in a very long time. Sheri Autry very much has her finger on the pulse of the modern bride, creating pieces that are simultaneously timeless and timely. Here is where I struggle because there were literally so many beautiful dresses, its very difficult to pick just one to share as my favorite. So I chose my top three.

  


And then...my accidental run in with Alexander Wang...

I took a much needed break from the shows to explore the city after a very disappointed arrival to another showcase only to be disgusted by the sheer ghettitude of it all (it was really ghetto, y'all). I noticed there was a lot of hoopla ahead of me, huge lights, people with their phones out, the air was charged with excitement. As I walked up, I saw it was a fashion show, but I didn't realize whose it was...it was literally one of my FAVORITE designers EVER, Alexander Wang. There I was, on the same street as Wang and the models du jour; Kaia, Gigi, Bella, and Kendall...

And I was so excited, all I could manage to snap was this blurry picture (face palm). Either way, I'm kind of grateful I left that other show to catch that moment.

My second New York Fashion Week is a rap! Looking forward to many more seasons of runways and style. Now, to my next exciting events, Philly Fashion Week. Stay tuned!


Comments