November No Buy Week Two: Change your ways

It's the second week of this year's November No Buy!

Unlike last week (sorry guys), I didn't fool around. I did stop by the thrift (and found a Tiffany & Co. bracelet I have been looking for FOREVER for a whopping $26.73!) I still have not learned my lesson, but I did indeed do better this week.

So here is how I saved this week:

- Just put away the money first
I looked at my funds and went ahead and put away some "starting" savings cash. This week, I went ahead and put away.

- Put money in a place you cannot readily get it
I have an online savings account that does not allow me to withdraw funds immediately but lets me deposit funds readily. You can see how this is a winning combo.

- Leave the change at home
I don't spend change. Every night, I take my wallet and clear out all of the change and I save it in a now overflowing jar. I plan to take that jar and convert it to cash and guess where that cash is going? Straight to savings!

Here is what I spent money on (outside of bills because adulting):
3 Uber Rides: $49
1 Starbucks Card Reload: $10
iTunes (2 songs): $2.79
CVS (Catfood, Toothbrush, a pack of gum): $16
Groceries: $51
Tiffany&Co Bracelet from the thrift: $26.73
Total Spent This Week: $155.52

This week's savings:
In addition to that online savings account and the money I went ahead and put away, I saved a total of $145.

That brings our November Total Savings to $225.73. And that is going straight to the Wedding Savings!

Who else is on a No Buy? What are your savings tips?

Comments